1) You downloaded an executable or zipped file that contains a virus or spyware
2) You had been hacked by comeone on the internet and they installed the virus on your system.
Typically the reason why you got the virus is because of reason number 1.
Always look at the file you are downloading and make sure it is safe by going to http://safeweb.norton.com/ and entering the website name. If it is safe then go ahead and download what you want.
Always be suspicous of .exe files (Executable) or .zip, .rar, or .tar files.
I will post more ti[ps later, have a great day!
Questions or comments? Contact me anytime @Worldtechguru on Twitter.
I have heard a few rumors in the geek community that the Sony Playstation network will be back this week. Please comment below or contact me @worldtechguru on Twitter. Source: http://www.pcworld.com/article/227499/rumor_playstation_network_gaming_back_this_week.html
Have a great day.
I dislike iphones for several reasons. The reasons are more because of technical incapabilities than anything.
1) first off their screens are not as responsive as Android phones(no matter how much you change the setting)
2) Can’t change the battery. This is a must for me
3) Technical support is always going to be via Apple Genius bar and AT&T/Verizon legally cannot help you (because of their contract). Plus I hate the “Genius Bar”. They just have a bunch of jerks working at them that don’t know crap and are really ignorant.
4) Why should you have to open an application, just to get to widgets/gadgets. Kind of defeats the purpose of widgets. (which is that they are supposed to be on your home screen, kind like how Windows vista and Windows 7 has the gadgets/sidebar on the desktop. But then again, Apple being stupid again; On mac OS X they have a separate application on the dock called “dashboard” that contains your widgets. Another fail because they are supposed to be on your home screen/desktop/wallpaper.
5) Signal issues, I have heard over and over that you do not get very good signal because of the lousy design. It is kind of stupid to place the antennae on the outside of the phone; where your hands go.
6) You should not have to “Jailbreak” your phone just to be able to be free. It’s all about freedom these days. Do you know about how America wanted to be free, and it ended up being free. It’s kinda like that with Google and Apple/Blackberry/Microsoft/etc. Google wants people to have freedom and not be stuck to terms of the code, the license, etc. So basically anyone like your or me can sell the Android OS and make a crap load of money + Google won’t mind.
7) Google is a much larger company than Apple + I trust them more as I have been using them since it came out & had an account with them since I was like 11 or 12. I now have several Google accounts because I love them so much.
8) DOES NOT TAKE SD CARDS!!! I need my phone to take SD cards along with the internal storage. So people like me in this case will buy an Android phone like the Samsung Galaxy S phones and have 16GB of internal storage + be able to insert up to a 32GB sd card for extra storage. Some people that go cheap on their Android phones (it all depends on the model) end up with one that doesn’t have much of an internal storage card so they are stuck with the 8, 16, or 32 GB SD card that they have to purchase separately. (that’s why some complain)
9) Very VERY VERY slow at times. I know when I have tested the iphone and used other people’s iphone that it gets very slow at times, and of course like I mentioned earlier, it isn’t that responsive.
10) Does not have Dual Core processing support (up to 2GHz speeds). My phone doesn’t have this, but phones like the Motorola Atrix does. If you need to have double the speeds, you can’t with the iphone.
11) Not enough apps and Apple controls the app store too much. I love the freedom and ALL THE apps that Android has. I also love the capability to go on any computer and remotely install apps. (Check that out: http://android.com/market)
12) Easy to damage. One drop without a screen protector or case and the “glassy” screen will bust into pieces. There went my 200+ dollars.. which brings me to the next reason…
13) COST! Who would want to pay 200+ dollars for a fricken phone that is a year+ older and not get all of the above and all of the needs met?
14) Music playing isn’t near as good and you are stuck to itunes, which also sucks.
15) Lack of notifications. (on android you just pull down that bar on the top of the screen and you have all your notifications plus a few quick settings.
16) Doesn’t support 4G!!! Android phones support 4G networks.
Have a good day and if you have any questions/comments feel free to follow me @worldtechguru on Twitter.
A couple weeks ago I received the news from the online tech community that the Playstation network is officially down due to a hack in the system that allowed foreign people to get your credit card info. When Sony found out, they shut down the entire plastation system causing many to lose access to online media that would normally be found on the playstation network.
When does it come back?
Do not stress, do not worry! I heard it could be back as early as today and as late as the end of this week.
Have a geat day,
If you have any questions or comments please contact me via Twitter @Worldtechguru
Stay tuned for some new upgrades coming to WorldTechGuru. Like chat, videos, games and more!!
Have an awesome day, remember April showers brings May flowers!
Need help? Have questions? Contact me @Worldtechguru on Twitter anytime/24/7
I wanted to say Happy Earth Day! So enjoy it, just dont forget to reduce reuse and recycle. Actually there are some stores here in the US that are giving freebies for recycling. I dont know which stores but just search in Google “earthday freebies in x” x= your location. I hope you enjoy your day and dont forget to reuse/recycle your electronics.
If you have any questions or comments please contact me @worldtechguru in twitter.
A new chat here on WorldTechGuru will come soon. It will allow people to communicate through chat and people willl be able to share ideas, news and funny moments. As long it’s appropriate, you may talk about anything.
In the meantime kick back and relax and of course watch the development of WorldTechGuru. We are currently getting mediators and are working to flatten out technical difficulties.
Have a great day.
Any questions? Contact Jameel @woldtechguru on Twitter.
Kelly Clay is a technology editor on lockergnome. She is really nice and appears on Chris’s vlog once in a while.
Well today is her birthday and I thought I would wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I hope she has a great day.
Any questions or comments follow me @worldtechguru
Thanks and have a nice day.
Like I have mentioned before there are few people here in Oregon that are actually geeks. Oregon likes to be “Green” Now HOLD IT RIGHT THERE…! So if our state is supposed to be green then why aren’t there many geeks? I do find it interesting because being a geek also includes the factor of conserving and being “green”. Going paperless is “green”, Using notepad on your computer or Evernote on your Android instead of tearing that paper off of your little “pad” that sits in your purse with you everywhere means you’re going green. So why is it Oregon is against technology? Why are the schools still…..still… using paper? I find this very interesting.
What is it like in your area?
Where is the greenest city? I wanna move there!
Electronics are only “non green” if people don’t follow the proper recycling procedures. If everyone followed the 3 forms of recycling then why is it a problem?
If the world was completely on renewable energy there would be less pollution, and of course people wouldn’t need to worry about their energy consumption affecting the world.Think about it…Use the electronics you want, quit using paper and writing utensils, use hybrid vehicles, and use their technology to run their life instead of using products like paper that kills the earth.
There would be very little problems.
Just remember that technology is the key to success and make sure it’s used wisely. Have an old computer? Send it in to the plant!
Have any questions or comments?
Comment below or contact me @worldtechguru
Believe it or not WorldTechGuru is still under construction and I will keep you updated on new features, more information, and current tech news.